Station Alerting Benefits
See how US Digital Designs’ Phoenix G2 station alerting benefits communities and positively impacts dispatchers, first responders, fire officials and public safety IT professionals.
The Phoenix G2 offers station alerting benefits including: improved response times, maximized situational awareness, reduced dispatcher stress and decreased homeowner insurance rates.
“[The Phoenix G2] has decreased the dispatch alerting time for resources while improving the capacity of Miami-Dade Fire Rescue dispatch radio channels. By reducing the dispatch time to a fire, it increases the likelihood of a successful interior rescue of trapped people, and the loss of property due to fire damage.
It would have taken the old system almost 27 seconds to send out alerts. The new system, however, is able to alert all stations simultaneously in one second, drastically improving response time. The new system also allows MDFR to implement less jarring tones that are more ‘heart-friendly.’”
At the Dispatch Center
- Preparedness. Increases situational awareness and mental preparedness by using clear, consistent station alerting vocals. This helps first responder units respond more quickly and efficiently.
- Wellness. Reduces cardiac stress, anxiety, optical shock, and sleep deprivation. The ramped tones and zoned alerting only notify required stations and/or individual units.
“Dispatchers can handle multiple station calls faster and deal with simultaneous calls more quickly. In the past, the alert system would notify stations one at a time. Now, several fire stations can be alerted simultaneously, which will be a time-saver.”
- Speed. Delivers automatic dispatch alerts simultaneously to one or multiple stations in less than a second. This helps to reduce and/or eliminate dispatcher “on-hold” time.
- Wellness. Dispatches alerts to fire stations automatically, thereby reducing dispatcher stress and workload. This frees up dispatchers to communicate with callers and manage the dispatch process more successfully.
- High reliability. Offers dispatchers a redundant system to communicate alerts if the computer-aided dispatch (CAD) system fails.
- Situational awareness. Reviews the success of alerts as they are sent. It also monitors the status of the system in real time.
Benefits for Public Safety Administrators and City Officials:
- Compliance. Helps stations shave valuable seconds—even minutes—off of response times, helping meet or exceed NFPA 1710 recommendations.
- Safety and redundancy. Reduces the chance of missing emergency calls during grid or power failures, thanks to multiple pathway options and a backup power supply.
- Communication. Keeps personnel advised of ongoing incidents via USDD’s industry-leading fire station alerting smartphone app, SMS text, pager and email alerts.
- Value. Reduces customer maintenance and management costs by integrating a reliable, proven system.
Benefits for the Community:
- Peace of mind. Ensures that emergency personnel will arrive more quickly and better informed, for a more optimized response.
- Savings. Offers higher-quality area fire protection, which can contribute to a lower community ISO Public Protection Class rating, thereby helping decrease insurance rates.
Benefits for Public Safety IT Professionals:
- Reliability and compliance. Maximizes system up-time through multiple NFPA 1221-compliant redundant alerting pathways and manual alerting options, which can keep the system running during communication failures.
- Network friendly. Distributes quick, low-bandwidth alerting messages that are non-disruptive, enabling the continuous operation of legacy networks and other applications.
- Remote configuration. Enables IT support teams to remotely configure and deploy software upgrades from any Web-enabled device, thereby reducing time and travel costs.
- Control. Offers agency-wide monitoring of all station peripheral equipment, and reports any failures to the host monitoring system and authorized system administrators via a smartphone app, email, text, etc.
“I am very impressed with the power, yet simplicity of the USDD G2 System. The fact that it is user expandable and programmable is a very big selling feature from my perspective.
Based upon the experience with Strathcona County, I would not hesitate to recommend it to other future clients that are looking at such systems.”